If you’re using acne treatments, skin lighteners, or antiaging treatments that remove age spots, freckles, blemishes, and wrinkles, the answer to that question may very well be yes.
The poison we’re talking about is mercury, which is known to cause serious health concerns. According to an article published on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration website, the FDA doesn’t allow the use of mercury in drugs or cosmetics (except in rare cases where there are no other safe and effective preservatives available, which is not what’s happening with products like the ones mentioned above). Mercury-containing products are likely manufactured abroad and sold illegally in the United States, promoted online, on social media, and through apps.
The FDA article shares that when you use mercury-containing products, your own health is at risk, as well as your family members’ health. They could breathe in mercury vapors or become exposed by using washcloths or towels after you that have become contaminated.
Pregnant women, nursing babies, and young children are especially vulnerable. Mercury can cause harm to developing brains and nervous systems.
Mercury is not only found in personal care products, but in fish as well.
If you are eating fish, please have your blood levels tested for mercury as soon as possible. It is SO toxic.
Signs and symptoms of mercury poisoning include:
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.